Hey there, fellow Greek enthusiasts!
From writer and director Nia Vardalos, the worldwide phenomenon My Big Fat Greek Wedding is coming back to cinemas on September 8th, with a brand-new adventure. Join the Portokalos family as they travel to a family reunion in Greece for a heart-warming and hilarious trip full of love, twists and turns.
To celebrate this joyous occasion, we’re giving one lucky winner the chance to experience the heart and soul of Greece – in the magnificent city of Athens!
Live the High Life in Athens
Pack your bags and get ready for an unforgettable journey! Touch down in Athens, where you’ll be whisked away to a luxurious hotel right in the heart of this vibrant, fun-filled Greek capital. From here, your Greek odyssey begins!
A Guided Tour of Athens’ Highlights
Become a VIP as you explore the ancient wonders of Athens with a guided tour of the city’s most iconic attractions. Walk in the footsteps of ancient gods, gaze at the majestic Parthenon, and immerse yourself in the rich history that shaped this amazing city.
Dance Like a Portokalos!
Get ready to yell “Opa!” as you learn the art of Greek dancing in a private dance class. Channel your inner Portokalos and move to the rhythm of life, surrounded by the energy and passion of Greek culture. Afterwards, revel in the joy of live music and a scrumptious dinner at a traditional Greek taverna!
Join the Family for a Homemade Feast
Ever wondered what a real Greek home-cooked meal tastes like? Wonder no more! Experience the warmth of Greek hospitality as a local mother and daughter prepare a traditional three-course meal just for you. Feel like part of the family as you savour every delicious bite.
Sail the Crystal-Clear Waters
Set sail on a luxury sunset catamaran cruise along the pristine waters of the Athenian Riviera. Feel the sea breeze kiss your cheeks as you dive into the Aegean and explore its vibrant marine wonders. Later, indulge in a delicious onboard dinner and refresh with unlimited beverages, as you create memories to last a lifetime!
Delight in Greek Inspired Grills and Cocktails
To make this celebration even more delicious, we’re introducing a mouth-watering grilled meat platter. Taste the succulent flavours of lamb skewers, Loukaniko Greek sausages, juicy chicken wings and more!
And of course, we can’t forget the cocktails! Raise a toast to Greek cinema with the Big Fat Greek Sunset – a delightful concoction of Axia Mastiha, zesty Aperol, tangy lime, and orange juice. For our teetotalers, the Virgin Bouquet offers a refreshing floral and fruity mocktail that’ll leave you smiling from ear to ear.
All this excitement will be available from 28th August till the 24th September 2023, so mark your calendars!
Terms and Conditions:
To ensure you have the time of your life, we’ve got you covered with the following inclusions:
- Return flights from London, UK to Athens, Greece
- Roundtrip airport transfers in Athens
- 3 nights’ luxury (4*) hotel accommodation in Athens
- 5-hour private Athens tour with a professional guide
- 4.5-hour private dance class with dinner, drinks, and live music
- 2-hour homemade Greek food experience with a 3-course meal and drinks at a local’s home
- Sunset Cruise (Semi Private): (Approximately 5 hours) Includes: Professional Crew, 2 swimming stops, unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks, use of goggles, fresh towels, lunch and return transfers
- Travel insurance for your peace of mind
- Economy flights from London only (inclusive of all applicable airport taxes, fees, and duties); Flights may be indirect and not all routings will be available; Flight itinerary will be selected by prize provider at their sole discretion;
- Travel arrangements, including costs relating to public transport, fuel or parking, to and from the winner or companion/s’ home and London departure airport do not form part of the prize and are the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion/s;
- At least one person travelling must be over the age of 18, where any travellers are aged under 18, they must have prior parental or guardian permission;
- Accommodation is based on two (2) adults sharing a double occupancy room in Athens; Stay must include a Saturday night; Accommodation will be selected by prize provider at their sole discretion;
- A valid credit or debit card for incidentals may be required to guarantee your room on check in and therefore at least one of the travellers must possess and travel with a valid credit or debit card;
- The prize excludes domestic ground transfers, meals and drinks, hotel incidentals, excursions, attractions, treatments, visas, personal expenses and anything not expressly stated in the prize package;
- All elements of the prize are subject to availability; if unavailable, experiences and items of a similar nature and equal monetary value may be offered at the prize provider’s discretion;
- Prize Packages for two (2) people are for two (2) adults, all of whom must travel at the same time with the same itinerary;
- Travel insurance is subject to restrictions and the terms and conditions of the insurance provider. Travel insurance provided is a basic single trip policy and it is the responsibility of the winner and/or their companions to meet any additional costs relating to obtaining insurance cover for any pre-existing medical conditions and for any additional costs as may be specified where the winner and/or their companions are aged 70 or over; Levels of coverage will vary and it is the winner and guest’s responsibility to ensure that the level of coverage offered is sufficient for their circumstances;
- Winners must contact prize provider with three preferred travel dates in three separate months no later than six weeks prior to departure;
- Once booked, the prize cannot be amended or cancelled;
- Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable; no cash alternative is available;
- All travellers will require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel; any necessary visas or additional insurance are the responsibility of the winner and guests; prize cannot be taken over Christmas and New Year or Public Holidays in the departure or arrival country;
- Prize is valid for 12 months from the date of notification of winning, and all travel must be completed within that time;
- The Athens Tour is not wheelchair accessible, if unsuitable for the winner and/or guest, an alternative tour of equal monetary value can be arranged;
- Any food allergies or dietary requirements must be advised at time of booking the food experience and it is the winner’s responsibility to disclose this;
- The boat cruise is not wheelchair accessible, all participants should bring a bathing suit and sunscreen; Any food allergies or dietary requirements must be advised at time of booking the food experience and it is the winner’s responsibility to disclose this; Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants; experience is subject to weather conditions, in the event that the experience is cancelled due to poor weather, an alternative date/time will be offered if available over winner’s travel dates, or the prize provider will attempt to arrange an alternative activity;
- If the winner elects not to, or is unable to, use part of the prize, the winner will forfeit that part of the prize package;
- Prize must be taken in accordance with government guidelines and COVID-19 rules and restrictions in place at the time of travel, the arrangement and additional costs for any COVID-19 testing, quarantine accommodation or anything else that may be required is sole responsibility of the winner and guest;
The competition ends at midnight on Sunday 24th September 2023 and the Prize draw winner will be randomly selected by a computerised random generator from all entries on Monday 25th September 2023. The winner will be contacted via Instagram DM, and they will have 3 days to respond and accept the prize. If a winner does not claim their prize within this timeframe, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize entitlement and will award the prize to a reserve drawn at the same time as the original. No employee of The Real Greek can enter or win. You must be over 18 to win, we may ask for proof of age.
Ready to Embark on this Greek Adventure?
Remember, travel prizes in the UK and abroad are protected by Element London ATOL 10207 / ABTOT 5467, so you can set sail with confidence.
We can’t wait to welcome the lucky winner on this epic Greek getaway, so, make sure to enter and seize the chance to experience Athens in all its glory! Opa!